Can you believe October starts tomorrow?!
The summer and early fall have just flown by.
(And Baby Girl will be here any day now...eek!!!)
I haven't done many projects outside of a little baby sewing (which I will share later), but one of my friends hosted a fun craft night. She had a bunch of project kits to choose from...I went for these adorable plywood porch pumpkins.
It would be so easy to make these on your own if you have the right tools.
Here's the break down:
- Cut pumpkin shapes and stems out of plywood. (Mine were already cut for me.)
- Use craft paint, stencils, & painters tape to paint designs on raw plywood. Make sure you use the "ugly" side as the front. It will soak up the wood stain better...and the knots and imperfections add visual interest.
- Once your craft paint is dry, rub wood stain over the whole face of each pumpkin & stem. You can add more or less depending on how dark you'd like it to be. Let dry.
- Next, glue the stems on using wood or hot glue.
- Finally, use fabric scraps, burlap, or ribbon to embellish your pumpkins however you like.
My new house is still mostly undecorated (I just haven't felt up to it...), but at least I have a little bit of cute fall decor on the porch!