in fact they are almost done!
this is what we've got thus far:
1. engagement ring--a round solitaire with 6 surprise diamonds in the gallery set in white gold (i LOVE it.)
2. wedding dress--a white short-sleeved sheath-cut gown with beaded lace overlay and empire waist. it's so pretty and sparkly. the first dress i tried on. i look so long and lean in it...i can't wait to wear it!
3. veil--i wasn't sure about a veil with my relatively new short 'do, plus there is so much going on with the dress...but shannon helped me settle on a shoulder length pencil-edged veil. it's really cute.
4. accessories--adorable white leather sandals with white leather flowers...they sound weird but they are seriously adorable. and i have round cz stud earrings and necklace.
5. wedding bands--channel set round diamonds in a white gold band for me and a beveled-edge tungsten band for brandon
6. bridesmaids--white eyelet skirts with blue cotton puff sleeve tops and orange bead necklaces
7. groomsmen--blue and white striped ties, white shirts, dark suits
8. moms--chocolate brown dresses with blue and/or orange accessories
9. dads--orange ties with blue and white stripes, white shirts, dark suits
10 wedding site--the salt lake temple :) october 11th, 2008 at 1 pm
11. reception--arbor manor reception center in slc
12. linens--white floor length table cloths with large blue toppers, white chair covers with blue sashes
13. centerpieces--orange and yellow floating gerberas and votive candles in square vases.
14. flowers--orange and yellow gerberas, yellow roses with orange tips, blue delphinium, wax flower, wax flower, some kind of wispy fern, and ruscus. i have a round bouquet with blue ribbons and the bridesmaids will have hand tied bouquets with orange and yellow ribbons. The corsages and boutonnieres will be made with the roses and delphinium.
15. cake--a 3-tiered square cake cake with buttercream frosting, piping detail, blue ribbon, and flowers. we opted for pumpkin chocolate chip with chocolate filling for the bottom layer, spice cake with cream cheese filling for the middle layer, and carrot cake with cream cheese filling for the top. we thought those were good choices for fall
16. food--croissant sandwiches, fresh fruit, cream puffs, mint brownies, chocolate eclairs, dinner mints, and punch
17. announcements--the cards have been printed...they are perfect!
18. photographer--ryan scoffield
19. engagement pictures--they were taken in july
20. bridals--scheduled for september 6th
21. hair--my amazing hair stylist, heather wade/call. we're going for a chic half-up, half-down look.
22. honeymoon--san diego here we come!
23. open house--at brandon's parents' house in california. his mom is in charge of all the details...one less thing for me to worry about...
things we need to do...
1. get engagement prints for the announcements that we actually like...i love the photos but we're struggling getting good prints...
2. schedule venue for family breakfast
3. make maps and insert cards for announcements and mail them!!!
4. brandon needs to pick his groomsmen
5. find a brandon a tux
6. i need to find a dress or skirt to wear to family breakfast, entering the temple, and leaving the reception. i can't seem to find what i want...
7. figure out the rest of the details for the ring ceremony.
so, we're getting there. i'm SOOOOOOO excited!!! i just wanted it all to be super classy, but still bright and fun. i think it will be so cute for fall.
and i'll be marrying my favorite person in the whole world...i am the luckiest.