Today's guest post is written by my friend Krista of Budget Gourmet Mom...
and, oh boy, do these cookies look GOOD!
As a young child my favorite holiday was, hands down, Christmas. Is that really so much of a surprise!? Probably not. And as much as I enjoyed Christmas as a little girl I think I enjoy it even more now with four boys of my own. Watching their faces light up as they race down the stairs to see what lies beneath the glow of our Christmas tree is priceless. Inevitably, one of them breaks away from the trance of neatly wrapped gifts and checks to see if Santa has eaten his cookies or if the reindeer nibbled their carrots.
They always do and I have a feeling these Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies will be on Santa's plate this Christmas Eve. I figure if I can bribe him with baked goods and the idea that he is getting hot cocoa all in one bite he may leave me something special under my tree. It's worth a shot!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa CookiesMakes 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 - 5.1 oz box instant chocolate fudge flavored pudding
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Jet Puffed Peppermint Mallow Bits
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then mix in the peppermint extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the box of pudding, flour, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the marshmallows.
- Scoop tablespoon size balls of dough onto baking sheets, 1" apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Thanks for sharing, Krista!
Be sure to check out her blog Budget Gourmet Mom for more great recipes.