therefore, i present to you...a list.
a list of ways i can implement what i learned from the inspired counsel of the october 2009 general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (and the preceding relief society broadcast). this is not a list of nice quotes or general topics, but a list of actions--things i can DO to "stand a little taller," as president hinckley used to say.
- Define what clutters my life and steals my time, then spend my time on what is most important.
- Make visiting teaching/relief society a lifestyle rather than a monthly/weekly event.
- Seek to be consistently guided by the Spirit.
- Be consistent--not casual--about prayer, scripture study, and church participation.
- Find ways to be even "more diligent and concerned at home."
- See how burdens become blessings in my life.
- Find joy in obedience.
- Seek out the evidence of God all around me.
- Develop my talents!
- Do my best...and each day be a little better. (another pres. hinckley-ism. i love how his presence still pops up in general conference every now and then. ♥ )
- Reap more fully the blessings of repentance.
- Work on overcoming challenges through faith.
- Serve someone, somehow everyday.
- Walk uprightly--do what is right because it is right.